Wednesday, November 24, 2010

GIVE THANKS

I have always loved the Holiday season. I love being with loved ones and eating good food. But what I love the most is the Traditions my own Family has. I look forward to the same thing year after year.

One Tradition my Family has might be thought of as strange, but instead of Turkey and the normal meal associated with Thanksgiving we have SEAFOOD. My Dad decided one year that if he was going to give thanks he might as well do it with something that he is Thankful for. So from that time on we have had crab and shrimp on Thanksgiving. That is something that I have loved and will miss this year.

Although I am long for home and many of my traditions will not be kept this year I have have been excited for the up coming Holiday. I look forward to spending time with Loved ones, although they are not my family they are loved ones.

I thank them for inviting me into their home and allowing me to partake in their Thanksgiving Traditions. I'm grateful for the love that they show me and for the friendships I have made while I have been here. They all  are on my gratitude list this year.

This year I am also Grateful for:

Companions, Friends, The Gospel, The oppertunity I have to serve a Mission, The people I have met in Michigan, the Book of Mormon, Family, The priesthood.... I think my list could go on and on. But what I am most greatful for is for the Savior and all that he sacrificed for me and for the Love of our Heavenly Father.

We have so many reasons to give thanks if we just stop and think for a moment. So admid all the Family, fun Traditions, and the food, Take the time to really focus on the blessings you have recieved this past year. Take time to recoginize all that you have been given and the spirit of the season will be felt in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment