Saturday, October 23, 2010

Eternal Life and Joy What is worth to You?

This last week I studied Alma chapter 22 in my personal study. In this chapter Aaron teaches King Lamoni's Father about our Heavenly Father and how we can gain eternal life through our Savior Jesus Christ.

Aaron taught that if you repent and follow after Christ you can inherit Eternal Life and live again with our Heavenly Father and Son Jesus Christ. However if you do not "ye shall be cast off at the last day." (Alma 22:6)

After teaching, King Lamoni's Father "said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy. But Aaron said unto him: If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest." (Alma 22:15-16)

As I read the story this time through it was interesting that he was willing to give up everything including his kingdom so he could obtain eternal life. It made me reflect on "What am I willing to give up for the kingdom of Heaven that I'm holding on to?"

So I pose the question to you " What are you willing to give up for Eternal Life and the happiness that our Heavenly Father has promised you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment