Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Parents Prayers and Faith

This Last week I finished studying Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. In Chapter 27 it tells of Alma the younger and the four sons of Mosiah and how they tried to destroy the Church. They were very wicked men who led many people astray.

As thy went "about rebelling against God, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto them... Nevertheless he cried again, saying: Alma ... why persecutest thou the church of God? For the Lord hath said:  This is my church, and I will establish it; and nothing shall overthrow it, save it is the transgression of my people. And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people, and also the prayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has prayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to the knowledge of the truth; therefore, for this purpose have I come to convince thee of the power and authority of God, that the prayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith." (Mosiah 27: 11-14).

For those who don't know the rest of the story Alma the younger and the four sons of Mosiah repent of their transgressions and become some of the most amazing and successful Missionaries.

This story has always taught me several things including that it is never to late too repent. No matter how wicked you have been in your life before you can still come in to the Gospel and repent of your sins and become clean again.

This time as I read it I noticed how it spoke of the prayer of his servant and especially of his Father. His Father and the servants of the Lord prayed and had Faith that the Lord would answer their prayers.

Image of a family kneeling in prayer togetherIt made me think of my own parents and how they always prayed for their children. Before we started our day we would kneel as a family in prayer. I remember when it was my Parents turn they would pray for each of their children for our struggles we would face and blessings that we needed. I also know they prayed when I was gone for my safety and welfare because I saw the protection and blessing through out my day.

Although at times I wasn't completely worthy of the blessing I received I know because of the faith my parents and the prayers they said in my behalf that I was protected, guided and blessed.

So Mom and Dad Thank you so much for your faithfulness and faith you had to know that the Lord would answer. And to all the rest of the Parents out there Pray for your children. Even when it's discouraging and you feel like they might never return "to the path of righteousness" keep praying For the Lord does hear your prayers and answers.

1 comment:

  1. YEA!!! Sister Miner you have a blog. Awesome! Sounds like you're doing well. Have lots of great experiences out there! ~Laci

    ReplyDelete