Friday, October 8, 2010

"I Know exactly how you Feel"

When I was younger I would cringe at the statement "I Know exactly how you Feel." For how could anyone except for me know how I truly feel. Yes you can have empathy for me and try to understand what I'm feeling or you could have gone through a similar experience but you can not know 100% of the feeling I have.

jesus-in-gethsemaneAs I've studied the Atonement on my mission I have come to truly understand that Christ does fully understand what we go through on a daily basis. He knows exactly. In Alma Chapter 7 verses 11-13 we learn  that Christ went "forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance."

We learn that Christ took on more than just our sins, he's taken every pain, sickness, temptation, and every thing we feel. And he did this so that he can Succor us or in other words so that he can run to our aid and give us comfort and peace.

Another Scripture I've fallen in Love with on my mission is Mosiah 14: 4-5 wich reads "Surely he has borne our  griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

Our Loving Savior SUFFERED, BLED, AND GAVE UP HIS OWN LIFE so that if we repent and Follow him we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. He did it so he could know exactly how we feel so he could give us the comfort and peace that we all need in this life. He did it so we could all be resurrected. He did it because he Loves us.

I thought I would share the Lyrics of this song with all of you


He lived 2000 years ago…I believe
So how could he truly know me
Though the son of God, my life, my friend
Still it’s hard for me to comprehend
And I wonder
How could He know the heartache I feel
When He lived a perfect life
From Gesthemene to Calvary
Was it really for me that He died
Then the Spirit whispers
These words ringing true
From the garden to the cross
He walked a mile in my shoes
Down on His knees in the garden that night
With tear-stained eyes
He lived each moment of our lives
Every fear and insecurity
That I’ve ever known
My every fallen moment, He has atoned
Still I wonder
How could He know the heartache I feel
When He lived a perfect life
From Gesthemene to Calvary
Was it really for me that He died
Then the Spirit whispers
These words ringing true
From the garden to the cross
He walked a mile in my shoes



I am thankful for the savior and all he does for me.And I know as we turn to him we will be succored.

1 comment:

  1. Very thought provoking. I like how you personalize the message to a level I can relate. J.M.

    ReplyDelete